Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Quick Outift Post

Cebu was fantastic! We really enjoyed it there. The food was wonderful and the people were so nice. We did not meet a single bad cabdriver. BLISS.


This dress is what I pretty much wore while we were out (there was also the green Japanese fabric shirtdress, but I posted about that already) Glad I brought dresses because it was HOT over there. I don't think I would have survived the heat wearing jeans. 


These pictures show Connor and I where we love to be: Timezone and Red Mango Frozen Yogurt. 






Photobooth Picture from Timezone Cebu.
This is probably the loudest dress in my closet. This is probably the loudest dress I've ever owned. EVER. The contrasting collar is hot pink and the print is a combination of turquoise, pink and red. I fell in love with the fabric the second I saw it. It was so uncharacteristic of me to buy something so cheerful. So off it went to my seamstress for her to do another Red Cross uniform shirt-dress. I realize that with the sudden mushrooming of nursing schools in the country, this dress could resemble nursing school uniforms in terms of silhouette. I've seen several schools use white shirt-dresses as school uniforms with those large, hideous and translucent shank buttons. There was even a school that used red and white striped fabric, like a peppermint, for their uniforms. But with this print and contrasting fabric you cannot possibly mistake it for anything other than a loud loud button-down floral dress that's perfect for this summer heat.

4 comments:

Camelia Crinoline said...

Gorgeous dress. I love the fabric and the contrast collar. Nurses would look amazing if they wore dresses like yours.

Lyra said...

Thanks so much, lovely! Funny you should mention colorful nurse dresses, I was just talking to a friend about how nurses wear such colorful scrubs, but still haven't changed the color of their standard nurse dress. :)

Stephanie Scarpa said...

Cute dress!

Love
/S / http:// mydarlingsolitude.blogspot.com

Lyra said...

Thanks thanks! <3