Wednesday, July 05, 2006

First Post!


This brand spankin' new blog is for me to document my adventures in crocheting, knitting and general crafting. I also gush about yarn. A LOT. You have been warned.

My name is Lyra (lye-ruh). I'm a visual artist, interior designer (not decorator, mind you), auntie to two three-year-olds, wife to the wonderful (and long-suffering) TJ and yarn freak (this explains why TJ is long suffering). I am currently obessessed with my wonderful husband, the two babies, crocheting, knitting, sewing and the avaricious acquisition of spun fiber and all its related objects.

I am also very interested in the revival of Philippine dying arts, architecture and design. I love travelling the Philippines and exploring regional cottage industries and taking note of local designs made according to location, religion and materials. My lovely Philippines is a very diverse place, so I have my work cut out for me.

Any questions? Feel free to e-mail me at lyra_kristine@yahoo.com

All flames will be used to grill steak. Thanks.

1 comment:

Karla said...

WELCOME to blogworld!

I knew I would like you, btw (by the way), cause your hubby is named "TJ". My SON is named TJ! Which in our case stands for "Tommy, Jr." (Tommy being my hubbie's name).

I look forward to reading your blog often! Do you have a "button" for your blog? If so I'll be sure to add it to my blog. :)